What is the Pictorial Review?
Through seven editions spanning fifty-five years, the Bichon Frise Club of San Diego has been pleased to present a compilation of photographs and written information in a Pictorial Review. Each edition highlights the many Bichons Frises who have made a significant contribution to the history of the breed. For the serious breeder this may be a way to research pedigrees of Bichons considered for potential in your breeding program. For the new and prospective owner it can provide a visual pedigree of your dog.
Here is how the Pictorial Review could benefit you:
- Each page of the book follows the same format.
- A photograph is submitted by the owner.
- A three-generation pedigree is included.
- Certifications are noted from organizations such as Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA), OFA Eye Certification Registry (CAER), and Canine Health Information Center (CHIC).
- American Kennel Club and Bichon Frise Club of America awards are noted.
- A brief commentary 1s submitted by the owner.
Here is a sample page from the Pictorial Review as it is formatted in each book. (Click on the images to see a larger view.)
Given the number of outstanding Bichons included in each book over the years, as a first-time buyer it would be most beneficial to purchase the entire set, including free shipping.
How do I place my order?
Please visit our Pictorial Review Order page to order individual books or complete sets.
How do I get my dogs included in the next edition?
Volume 7 was published in the fall of 2015 and includes dogs achieving titles between 2011 to 2015. If you would like to be on the mailing list for notifications about future editions, please click here to send an email to Laura Winston or call her at 530-642-3216.